View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Kindle Store - Things I would like to see

I do like how aggressive Amazon has been about providing content for the kindle, but there are few little things that I think that Amazon could do to make it easier for me to buy titles. Perhaps Amazon has a way to do some of these already and I'm just missing it.

1) A wish list similar to that at Audible.com. On audible, I can browse and if I see an audible book that I'm interested in, but not ready to buy, I can put it on my wishlist with a click of a button. I can then pull up my wishlist, select one or more books and click on the send to shopping cart to buy it. I use this feature all the time.

2) When inside a category, sort by Author or Title instead of just bestselling, rated or price. I'm just use to scanning for books based on author since that's how I do it in the book store.

3) A watch list that will notify me when a desired title or author is available. The Sony store actually has this feature, though it doesn't appear to work (at least not for me). To me this seems to be a real no brainer. Send me an e-mail when Jim Butcher has a new book on the kindle. Let me know when Lord of Light or any Roger Zelazny book comes out on the kindle. To me, this seems to be a real no brainer.

4) Offer a compressed list view. Just show me the title, author and price with a link to the details. That would let me scan through the lists much more efficiently when I'm looking for specific titles and authors.

pww
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote