View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousekevin View Post
Hello
I am a total newbie to Calibre and to sites such as this one, is there a simple way in Calibre I can mark a book as already read, I have looked at some previous posts some of which refer to Prefixes but I don`t seem able to locate this within the preferences section.
Sorrty for taking up time with what is probably a basic item but I have spent a fair bit of time already on this and am not getting anywhere.
Thank You
SK
Hello scousekevin,

It’s easy to create a custom column to keep track of the books you’ve read. An added benefit of a custom column is that when you create a book catalog (a neat feature of calibre), the books you’ve marked as “Read” are clearly indicated in the catalog.

To create a custom column, click:
Preferences
Add your own columns
On the next screen click the large green “+” on the right-hand side
On the “Quick create” line click “Yes/No”
On the column heading line replace “Yes/No” with “Read”
Click “OK”
Click the green checkmark “Apply” in the upper left corner
You will be prompted to shutdown calibre and restart

To use the custom column:
Highlight a line for a book you’ve read
Single-click the “Read” column on the highlighted line