View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #96
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I need a font where italics looks handwritten, for a series I am reading that starts with a diary entry on each chapter. I figure, "why not", and "can your paper edition do this"?!
Does anyone know of such a font?
Otherwise I'll try to patch one together. I tried it with Lucida, renaming the Lucida handwriting font to italics, but I guess that renaming the file name itself is not enough, since it showed up as a separate font entry on the kindle.
No renaming does not help. You need to change the metadata. Check out Type Light, that is the freeware version of Type 3.2 font editor with some restrictions - but it is free for personal use. Open font, go to font -> rename font and it takes care of everything, then save and throw on PW. Works great, just tested.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote