View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Jesus you people are beyond paranoid.

Would you please explain exactly how this THEORY would work? Even if they removed it from my device, they can't remove it from my pc, as well as being backed up on a seperate HD & a microchip.

I buy the vast majority of my books from other places that are much cheaper than Sony & B&N.

Unless I'm logged into their store how are they going to access my books? The most they could do is remove it from my account online, but since it is still on my pc it doesn't matter.

Adobe isn't a bookseller, and for Sony, or any other store to remove books that I haven't bought from THEM would be STEALING!

And after the uproar over what Amazon did, I don't think any of them would be stupid enough to do something like it again.

Add in the fact that the books that I did get from Sony & B&N were FREE BOOKS.

Sometimes you all take yourselves WAY too seriously and (supposed) problems to the extreme. You can dream up as many theories as you like, but it certainly doesn't mean it will happen.

When Fictionwise & others lost the Agency 5, you all were in an uproar since a good chunk of books disappeared & you lost them. But it was your own fault since you didn't bother downloading them right away. I had no loss since I always download what I buy right after I buy it.

There are always ways to protect yourself without having to either do things illegally or create a whole bunch of work for yourself (stripping DRM) to accomplish what you want.

Last edited by cfrizz; 07-14-2010 at 06:40 PM.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote