View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
ePUB and Illustrations

Occasionally, it would be useful to have an illustration that is in proportion to the text around it - so that, for instance, it might have a height of 12 lines of text, no matter what font size was currently selected.

The particular instance I'm looking at is the case of a graphic used as a drop capital. I can get the graphic in the right place easily enough, but ideally I'd like it to scale with the font size, so that it always (say) is three lines of text deep. I can do this is the drop cap is part of the text, but not if it's a graphic.

Does anyone have any ideas on how such a thing might be done in an ePUB?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote