View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #59
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Rise from your grave, thread.

I went back with an open mind and read book 1. I then read book 2. While I'm still not always 100% on what's going on, the books are incredibly addictive and atmospheric. There is some amazing imagery in these books as well as genuine emotion (by the end of book 2 I was emotionally exhausted). I'm taking a break before I tackle the 3rd book but I'm definitely glad I gave these a serious effort.
Excellent! I agree they certainly draw you in and there are juste endless layers of ideas. I just finished the 4th book tonight. It seems a good break point is between 4 and 5 so I am going to read some other books before heading back to the Malazan empire.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote