Thread: Glo Image problem
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboyashi View Post
The Kobo keeps cover images internally as GIF's. If you try to save your cover e.g. with Photoshop as GIF image, you'll see similar patches. Attached is a screenshot from the Photoshop dialog before saving. No idea how to avoid this - maybe it needs more dithering in the original cover.

And the grayscale rendering on the Kobo seems to increase the problem additionally.
Thank you for taking the trouble and for your reply.

I converted the jpg cover to gif - grayscale with the GIMP

Although it has some problems they're not nearly as pronounced as on the Kobo. Could it be that the Kobo software uses a very low resolution?

Anyway, thanks for the info.

I'd love to hear from people who have other epub devices.

Last edited by Andrew Ashling; 11-30-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote