Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #176
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Thanks for clearing it up, Tom. My reality was bending with at first thinking it was real, then thinking it could be a joke!

And in that case, I will say that I think a vote on barring all repeats is extraneous. If it loses, we will be at the exact same place still as we are now and will be voting on the repeats individually all over again after that, so it seems like it will have been a waste of time.

Being fair, if we're taking these suggestions like nominations, you already have support in a second and a third (JSWolf and Nyssa) to get to a poll. But I would only counter that this particular suggestion will still be voted on anyway individually in all the possible repeats people are discussing, so a precursor vote on all repeats together seems unnecessary.

Not only unnecessary, but something like a double whammy, because there'd be two opportunities to get repeats voted out - the first when they're lumped together and the second with each one individually. It would take two yeses but only one no, which something seems not quite kosher about that.

It seems to me that if we are to end up with 12 unique categories, it's better to be done so by voting on individual categories and just ending up that way.

Also though, I still wonder about Mystery and Thriller. If we are to have a vote on barring all repeats and it is voted that we are barring them all, then I think that it should include Mystery and Thriller and force them together into one month.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote