View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
mktaj
mktaj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Children's e-book page size

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right forum, if not, could someone please point me in the right direction?

I downloaded a children's e-book, (I have it in epub and mobi format) and have tried reading it in several different apps (my device is an original Galaxy Tab 7", although I have also tried on my Kindle Touch with the same result). In all of them, the text and images are very small, filling only about 1/2 of the screen at best. I think the entire pages are images, as I can double-tap them and make them larger, but when I do that I cannot scroll to the next page without tapping again to make the expanded image disappear.

The book in question is a "Geronimo Stilton" book, which on each page has certain words and phrases in "word art" type text, so I could see why they might have made the ebook as a series of images.

I really don't know much about ebook formats. I would like to be able to read this book in an app that will allow me to enlarge the pages so that it is easier to see and read, and keep them large while I flip through pages reading it to my son. Could someone recommend an app that can do that with this sort of ebook? or even if there is some way to convert it and make it larger? I hope I have explained all this correctly.

thanks,
mktaj
mktaj is offline   Reply With Quote