View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #1
Vanguard3000
Groupie
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Making ePubs show cover image on Kobo.

Hi, all. I just got a new Kobo Wireless ereader for Christmas this year, and have been playing around with Calibre and Sigil to modify and arrange my books. But I'm having trouble with some of my ebooks not showing the cover image for the ebook, even though I have put one in the /images/ folder with Sigil, and tagged it as the cover image.

Kobo seems to take the first page of the book as the cover image, so I've made a new xhtml item with Sigil (I've left it named "section0001.xhtml" because I didn't think it mattered what the file was called) and put in the cover image, stretched to fit the page. But still, when I put them on my Kobo, I don't see the cover image... just the first page of the book.

When I load the books into Calibre the cover images display without a problem.

Any suggestions?

(I figured the "ePub" board was the best place to put this, as it probably involves the structure of the file itself, rather than the Kobo or Sigil. But if a moderator should feel this belongs in a different board, feel free to redirect me.)
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote