View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
As pointed out, you can disable the black flash on some readers.
I tried it on my PB360 (the page did a slideshow-like fade, very quick) and found it... disconcerting. Ghosting and residual garbage wasn't the issue but rather the absence of the flash. I've gotten used to the flash and I don't notice it so I perceive the page turn as an instant page swap; the new one just pops in.
After a few minutes I went back to the standard mode.
I don't have an issue when reading on my PDA or Tablet PC or the LCD-based Jetbook Lite so obviously the effect isn't permanent.
Eventually eInk tech will get faster and the black flash will never be noticeable, even for newbies.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote