View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #183
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@AsVHEn: You mentioned that it's a 3G model, what's the beginning of the S/N?

It's probable that they ended up going with multiple sim cards, like the K3, where we had two, and thus we ended up with two different K3G device codes to differentiate them.

I can't check this myself, because I got a Wifi one this time around . (And I wouldn't necessarily be a good test subject anyway, because even though it was shipped to France, I ended up with the US K3G last time around ).

(And, indeed yifanlu's usbnet package supports *3* different device codes, not 2, and the official 5.1.0 update supports *4*).

EDIT: After hacking around a bit with KindleTool, let's try this (.bin attached). Hopefully, it should run on all K5 devices known to man (well, the same as the 5.1.0 update, at least).

I'd still be happy to know the beggining of your S/N, which I guess would be B010...

EDITē: Deleted deprecated attachment .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote