View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #15
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I'm not alone when I say the HTC one X is a better phone than the SG3. Many phone pundits say the HTC is a better device, it has a superior screen, design and usability. Why Samsung is killing HTC is because they have focus, great marketing, and karma.

Many folks might have forgotten the Carrier IQ incident but I don't think they have forgotten how they felt having HTC spy on them. I don't think they ever recovered after that incident.
HTC have done some great phones. Back in 2010, they were really the go-to manufacturer for Android phones. They did a great job with the Nexus 1 and the follow ups, but they sort of lost focus in 2011 and were swamped by Samsung. They've done a great job with the One series, but again, Samsung has come stronger and, though the X has some points over the S3, Samsung has done an incredible marketing job and has now a brand name that is helping them sell their offerings. I sincerely hope HTC can pull it together and come up with more compelling devices; there is already rumours of an upgraded X to be announced in the coming months, maybe that'll be the beginning of their comeback.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote