View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
azazel1024
Groupie
azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azazel1024 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook simple touch, iPad 2
As mentioned, it is easy to remove. It is based on Adobe eDRM to the best of my knowledge (based on, but not the same).

Do you use Calibre? It won't remove DRM on its own, but a google search will turn up how to do it.

I am in the same boat, sort of. Except for me it is primarily that I want to be able to buy ebooks from the cheapest source and get them to run on my nook (I give my business to BN if they have the same price or at least are pretty close). That and I don't want to be tied in to an ecosystem should I decide my next ereader is a kindle, or a kobo, or a (insert name or reader/ecosystem here).

So the ability to make both format (Calibre is pretty good at converting formats, AZW/Mobi to ePub and vice versa or even PDF to ePub) and DRM irrelevant is important to me.

Last edited by azazel1024; 01-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.
azazel1024 is offline   Reply With Quote