View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #34
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You know, thinking on it more, I think I figured out what I disliked/hated. I don't think I cared for the "Twilight-esque" love triangle that got wedged into the story. I won't say who or what that triangle involved, or how it ended up, but I just resented that it seemed like she stopped the story midway through to introduce a Teen Nickolodean moment for Katniss to decide who to take to the prom.

And I suspect that that is why adolescent girls like this book, because, adolescent girls ALWAYS seem to go for love triangles in stories.

(Examples:

Jacob and Edward in Twilight series
Harry or Ron in the Harry Potter series
or heck, here's a website that is written by a twilight fan:
http://readingaftertwilight.wordpres...ove-triangles/
)
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote