View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Combine Kindle Collections with Calibre Catalog

I have devised a way to combine the Collections feature on my K3 with the Calibre feature for creating a catalog to get a series listing for each author.

After obtaining the series meta data in Calibre, I sort first by series and then by author to have the data organized. I then highlight all the works by a given author and choose "create catalog of books" under the arrow next to the "Convert Books" icon in Calibre. Under the options for the catalog, I add the authors name in the title section, add a . in the regex box to exclude genre information and remove the checks from all the boxes except "series".
Once the Calibre book is created, I change the metadata to remove the description, and author and author sort to the authors name, plus I remove "catalog" from the tags section. I then convert the book to mobi format which updates the metadata for the catalog, and send the catalog book to my Kindle.

From my Kindle, I create a collection with the authors name and add both the books by the author and the new catalog book. The result is a collection where the first book is a listing of each book in the collection by series.

Seems like a bit of work, but really goes very quickly.

Many thanks to Kovid and his genius's for the catalog creating tool.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote