View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The cover that came with my silver PRS-505 is a coffee tan on the outside and grey on the inside. The cover is slightly magnetic to keep the lid closed and the back of the cover connected to the back of the device. These are very weak magnets and can't be relied upon to keep the cover closed in the event the device accidentally becomes airborne.

I don't think the stock cover is leather, but I'm not 100% certain. The aftermarket ones from Sony are leather.

The aftermarket covers have room behind the device for a business card, a memory card, and a loose document such as a boarding pass (as pictured on the Sony website).
The stock cover has no such features.

I think the blue PRS-505/lc device comes with a different colored cover. At least, that's the vibe I got from the marketing material on the PRS-505.

The cover is nice enough. I wish it had either much stronger magnets, or some kind of latch to keep the cover closed.

I kind of wish they had a more stealthy cover. One that gave it the look of a journel when closed. A white edging that gives the innards a paper look when closed. The chrome top and bottom edges of the device are very reflective and combined with all the top and bottom connectors and ports screams "electronic device enclosed".
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote