View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #93
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
P.S. It is hard to write documentation that works for everybody. I try to be simple and generic, but that does not always work.
Yes. looking around actually everyone who mentions nc is laboured with this addendum to their docs. ho hum.

On another note more ON TOPIC:

arecord -f cd -r 192000 > ./tmp.file | tail -f ./tmp.file | ./video Does nothing.

but arecord -f cd -r 192000 | ./video almost get's it Bit of a speed problem (hehehe)

(where video is the gm code compiled as video)

I guess arecord -f cd -r 192000 > ./tmp.file and then ./video < ./tmp.file from another process is one solution.
That is more robust than the inline arecord -f cd -r 192000 | ./video

I'll just have a play... thanks.

anyone got a performance improvement for me? Many thanks
I'm just playing

arecord uses about 10% of processor to do this ridiculous request

gmplay is a little more resource hungry though

Last edited by twobob; 07-06-2012 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more coffee - added partial solution.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote