View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #38
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
what does "and they won't be bundling them as webscriptions" mean?
(really a paraphrase, I guess...)

Baen offers a special deal on eBooks in which they bundle everything they publish in any given month for a single price ($15). They call it a 'WebScription.' It's a pretty good deal, because you get a minimum of three books never before in bits and usually a total of 6-8 books. The same books bought a singles would run you $6 each, so you're saving around 50% over their already-low eBook prices -- assuming, that is, that you wanted all the books.

It's really quite clever. I've purchased the monthly bundles because there were enough things I wanted to make it no more expensive than singles would have been. And then I've had a look at the books I originally wasn't interested in. Along the way, I've 'discovered' bunches and bunches of authors whose books I would never have looked at otherwise. Hmmmm....

@cstross -- Super news! you might try pointing out the previous paragraph to your editors. Even if they don't go the whole webscription route, maybe they'll consider some mixed author bundles to try to get a similar synergy.

Xenophon

Last edited by Xenophon; 08-30-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling, plus getting the word 'Webscription' into the explanation.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote