View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Thanks for the detailed post, Ken. I was making the mistake of equating the two techs, so thanks for clearing that up. That calls for Karma, I think. And I liked the bit about "DRM scams".

So there is no significant difference between JB and JBL other than lack of audio, right? Considering I don't plan on using the audio playback on an e-reader, anyway, that really doesn't make a difference to me. As long as there are no other limitations, I think the JBL might be at the top of my consideration pile right now, thanks in no small part to the attractive price.

I assume, then, that your experience with the Lite has been positive? Are you happy with the build quality?

Oh, and UTF-8 is not important to me; as it so happens, I speak neither Arabic nor Farsi. I'm originally from Pakistan, so I do speak Urdu (which uses a derivative of the Arabic script), but my primary language -- both spoken and written -- is English. I appreciate the thought, though.

Now, if only someone who is familiar with the Libre would give their two cents...

Last edited by afa; 05-09-2010 at 12:40 PM.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote