View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
hoosier
hoosier began at the beginning.

Device: still deciding
Quote:
Originally Posted by afa View Post
ePAPER Technology:
Utilizing the latest in epaper display technology, the Libre provides a crisp black and white 5” screen with the same appearance and readibility of printed paper. With no backlight, reading on the Libre is like reading a book.

Of course, a little before that it also says, "The “Libre” is soft on the eyes utilizing an exclusive e-paper LCD technology." So I don't know what the hell that means now. Is it LCD or e-Ink?

It's LCD. Just yesterday I got my wife a Nook for mothers day (couldn't wait til today). I bought myself a Libre after researching about these things and landing on a great deal for one. Definitely LCD, and not exactly like looking at e-ink. I'd say it's more like reading a newspaper than a page from a book.....still a great experience, just a bit more of a gray background. Still a great device, and you don't get the flash between page turns. As for the libre's software - I'm nowhere close to an expert, but yesterday I was able to purchase a book from sony's store (DRM epub I think) and put it on both the nook and the Libre. I also checked out an ADE drm pdf from my library and it looked great on the libre as well. hope that helps. I can't speak to the jetbook
hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote