View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #18
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Goodreads has a pretty good list of authors like Philip K. Dick:

http://www.goodreads.com/author/simi....Philip_K_Dick

There must be something in the air with Dick. Just started The Man in the High Castle this week.
I just couldn't believe when I read Ubik that the book was there all this time and I have never read it! Or read anything by Dick. I am also planning to read The Man in the High Castle in my PKS spree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Actually, I can't think of anybody that writes like PKD, but there's a few on the list that write quirky, sometimes difficult to understand works.

Cordwainer Smith
Arkady Strugatsky
Stanisław Lem
Brian W. Aldiss
Samuel R. Delany

Only Lem is known to me by name, I will check out the other authors you recommend.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote