View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #22
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHR View Post
Why do you prefer dd-wrt? I presume for pragmatic reasons. The community model of OpenWRT appeals to me but it and its products are not perfect.
Sometimes I cannot explain why I prefer this over that. Just as I chose
to use freebsd, but not openbsd. Probably forums that have a lot of users
who respond in a minute.

Quote:
Is Maemo practically open? Has any third-party produced a new build of the OS? My impression has been that as soon as Nokia gets tired of a model (770, n800, and maybe n810) they become frozen in time.
Nokia lost it's interest as they go to the new device. I have 770, with
a lot of apps I regularly use on my desktop. The same feeling, just palm
size. I still use it to manage my stream server.

Quote:
I fear that you are right that it is too late to start a community. Among other things, I think that a new product cycle of eReaders is about to start. We don't even know if Kobo will be part of it.
I see no interest on manufacturer side, but I may be wrong.

Quote:
Which are the most hacker-friendly eReaders? My feeling is that only devices with electronic paper count.
I was after such a device. To play with, make it better etc. Kobo looked
like the one. Epubs are must-have for me. Open standards and formats.
If it works flawlessly, even better.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote