View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
What would you recommend instead, I'd love to hear of something better?
If Caliber did it it would be totally painless, and I'd be even happier with it
but that's not happening any time soon I think.

As far as I know, it's the only converter that does .lrf->other formats it at all.
Despite the occasional annoying characters I'm happy not having to manually edit every author and title of batches of books I'm converting to read.
I didn't notice it being quite that bad, I had around 2 errors per chapter in Dune, usually a random character at the start of a paragraph or end of a line.
However that wasn't a .lrf from Caliber, I wonder if that made a difference?
I don't know what program was used to create it.

I'll modify my statement a bit. Being the only program to convert .LRFs, I highly recommend it if you are trying to get rid of your .lrf files.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote