View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 AM   #44
guma
Connoisseur
guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.guma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't spend much time looking at the sleep screen, but I do like to display the covers. And when I pick up my Glo and see that big box, it irks me. It's just wrong. But, I could never understand the hate for the banner. It wasn't pretty, but the status should be displayed. I always thought it was in the wrong place. It should have been against the top or bottom edge of the screen. For most covers, that would have caused the least interference and was a natural spot to look at to check the state.
Since I don't use a cover the device is lying around most of the time in sleep mode. Thus I can't avoid looking at the sleep screen from time to time. I found the previous banner (in what is called 'full screen cover display' mode) pretty unattractive for a quite a number of books. Personally I find the new box even more distracting and aesthetically offensive.

KOBO should just make the info box overlay for the sleep cover display an option. That cannot be overly complicated to implement and would make all people happy.
guma is offline   Reply With Quote