View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
totsubo
totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.totsubo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How to code furigana (ruby) for mobi / Paperwhite

I'm writing a Japanese book and am wondering how to add furigana (ruby) for the Kindle Paperwhite?

I know it can be done because I have some Japanese book with furigana. However I read the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines clearly say it is not possible:

"There is no support for right to left vertical scripts and no support for Japanese Ruby script." (p. 11)

The guidelines are obviously wrong but I couldn't find anything in the mobi documentation either about furigana/ruby support.
totsubo is offline   Reply With Quote