View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Audible Content on Kindle

I’d be interested in others experience with Audible content on the Kindle. I decided to try it out last night. Not really because I’m a big audo book fan but because it is something my expensive little toy can do.

My first issues are with the service itself. I got the audible download manager and file player (why are these two different apps?) and found two things I thought might be interesting; Spalding Grey’s “Monster in a Box” and an episode of “A Prairie Home Companion” by Garrison Keillor.

It was a five star PITA to get Grey’s monologue all the way to the Kindle and I never was able to get the Keillor piece over because Audible wants to serve it up as an iApple iPodcast iTem rather than an aa or mp3 file and since I’d rather spend all of eternity swallowing shards of broken glass than to install an Apple product on my computer, I decided to try a non-apple “podcatcher” that took twenty minutes to download and install and still didn’t work. The next one I got was so full of adware that my virus software went apesh!t so I gave up and found a nice soft spot on the wall to beat my head against.

I started to listen to the Spalding Grey deal but the battery gave out after about five minutes. I’m not real sure how much I had before I started listening but I’m thinking you should buy the extra battery if you plan on listening to much audible content on the Kindle.

On a positive note, I really like the Audobook playback interface screen. It’s well thought out and functional but with a nice clean layout. Good job Amazon.

aj
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote