View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What about the supposedly legitimate retailers who advertise on sites that promote piracy? I think that's really outrageous.
No, you got that wrong. They are doing it on purpose so that those sites can be shut down, because they are making money. And then they complain that they have to pay for advertisement and everybody just ignores the ads, and downloads the book for free instead of following the link to buy it. So they either get customers, or if they don't, they will shut the site down. A win-win situation, right?

Seriously, how can advertising on web pages make so much money? Most every web page has advertisements, I don't even see them, since I have developed a ad-filter in my brain. They blend in into the background noise. When is the last time you actually clicked on an ad? The ones on Youtube are annoying at best if you have to wait 5 seconds to skip them to actually see the movie. I get annoyed by them, I don't even consider clicking on them, even if the content might be interesting. Thank you for DVRs, so I can record my tv-shows, and fast-forward through the ads.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote