View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #90
Figan
Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
ciromattia, this is a wonderful piece of work, thank you! I thought that this was going to take me hours to figure out, but once I'd found how to download from gitgub (that zip button needs to be bigger for idiots like me), I was reading on my KT within 15 minutes.

I'd just like to check that I'm doing the workflow in the most efficient way, any tips from anybody would be great, but this is what I've figured out so far:
1. Run comic2ebook.py on the source file/s.
2. Run KindleGen on the .opf that step one produced.
3. Run kindlestrip.py on the .mobi that step two produced.
4. [Optional, but needed for a good filename on the KT it seems] Import .mobi into Calibre and adjust metadata.
5. Transfer.

Are steps one and three already combined in some way that I'm missing by any chance?

Also, in the KT using Cover View, all of the resulting mobi files have the 'Personal' banner. Is there a step to ensure that the KT doesn't present them like this? I've scanned the KindleGen docs and searched these forums to no avail. Any tinkering with Calibre destroys PanelView and adds margins.

Thank you once again!
Figan is offline   Reply With Quote