View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #75
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Hmm. I downloaded a free book from Kobo, opened it in ADE successfully, then attempted to side-load it to the Kobo reader iPhone app (which explicitly supports File Sharing in iTunes). It refused to open it ('no NCX'). I also used iTunes File Sharing to add it to BFR's documents. BFR opens it!

I downloaded the same title directly to Kobo4iPhone and it opened. But it seems to insert extra, blank pages (at least in the first few I sampled). I've had it crash as well. And iTunes File Sharing seems not to work correctly (does not show me the books Kobo reader actually has on my iPod), though I was able to side-load a non-DRM ePub to it. Another reason to use BFR instead...

There doesn't seem to be any way to side-load ePub files of any kind to the Nook apps (PC, iPhone). They don't recognize anything without B&N flavor DRM. I don't have a Nook device, but presumably (?) it doesn't have this issue, and is back-compatible with previous Adobe DRM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote