View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Kobo Glo, some questions 4 Sameer

Ok this is actually a repost from a post that never got a response. I'd really like to hear from Sameer on this:

WOW... 10mins 39secs in I hear Sameer say "Let's give the customers a choice"...

Sooo when does this apply to other options beyond fonts? So far everything else in regards to options we've been asking for has been total silence. Heck at least an acknowledgement such as "That's an interesting idea, we can't promise anything but we will look into it."

Other things: Reading Life has replaced Wishlist on the home screen. As Reading Life is at best a curiosity for me I guess it's better that having the Wishlist there.

Having said that when will we see DISCOVER also removed and relegated to "Find Books" menu with the DISCOVER spot being used by SHORTLIST?

Does the Home screen still replace the books you ARE reading with newly added books so that you have to hunt in the library to find your book again? As I haven't added any books since before I upgraded to 2.1.1 I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not.

Are the new Kobos still fragile in regards to the screen, in other words do they still have a breakable glass substrate? I ask this because of the mention of:

Quote:
Kobo Glo’s 6” high-res XGA E Ink Pearl touchscreen is ultra-thin and durable so nothing gets between you and your eBook, not even the brightest sunlight (or a little scratch). It’s just like reading print on paper, only better.
and

Quote:
Non-glass, no-glare, non-issue
I assume both of these statements from the Kobo site are in regards to the top layer and that the substrate is still as fragile as ever but one can hope that that has been improved.

I'm looking forward to getting the KGlo and passing on my KT to my wife but would like to know the answers above to see what I am in for before hand

Screen response, has the response to touch improved? It looks like it reacts better than my KT does now. I figure either the respose has been improved or that Sameer's fingers are smaller than mine and the screen responds better because of that. If it's smaller fingers then I will have to start bringing my stylus with me

That black bar on the bottom of the screen is nasty. Fine for things like options when you are annotating and such but not nice when reading.
Correction I see that the Wishlist is NOT gone but rather moved to the bottom of the screen all by itself so that more screen realistate is wasted.

Does that black bar only appear when the glow light is on?
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote