View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you've got a corrupted install, probably because you're mixing two version of calibre one from the repo and the binary. Did you properly uninstall the old version before installing the new?
I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now, and each time made sure that *everything* was gone from my previous install. The program is still either giving me a blank rtf or txt output or, on occasion, giving me a corrupt rtf output. Is there anything else that I can try to fix this problem?

EDIT: I am also getting much more frequent errors that look like this:
Code:
ERROR: Could not open ebook: unpack requires a string argument of length 2

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/viewer/main.py", line 61, in run
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/threading.py", line 477, in run
    del _limbo[self]
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator.py", line 192, in __enter__
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 211, in __call__
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/mobi/input.py", line 26, in convert
  File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/mobi/reader.py", line 263, in __init__
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 2

Last edited by lunixer; 08-25-2010 at 05:08 PM.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote