View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Interestingly enough, I purchased a commercial ePub from Barnes & Noble that made extensive use of these CSS3 selectors, pseudo elements and webkit properties. Of course none of it worked on RMSDK-based readers/apps at all ... which is why I found it interesting that it was being sold at the Nook store (or do the Nook Tablets support this stuff?)

Seems to me that someone created the epub with the Kindle platform or iBooks/ePub3 in mind and decided to just let the ADE "chips" fall where they may (not that it rendered the ePub unreadable with ADE, by any means). Bold statement or just ignorance?

It was Robert McCammon's novella "I Travel By Night" if anyone's interested. The HTML was excitingly clean.
And I wonder if the thing remotely works on the NookColor HD, which seems to have a mind of its own, when it comes to fonts? I mean...utterly ignores embedded fonts at will, with/without "Publisher Defaults" (or whatever the language is) selected.

I'm not kidding, I'm starting to think that Albert has the right idea...do more with less, not more with more. I know my bookmakers won't like it, but... I don't mind the (ahem) premature grey, but I do object to the prematurely-dead-from-stress.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote