View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #352
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I don't find it necessary to trash people who privilege what gets called literature and/or literary fiction. I'd be amazed if the author of Twilight claimed to hate Jane Austen.

There has to be a better way to appear tolerant than to be intolerant of what one thinks intolerant people read.

The person who goes out of their way to berate your interest in paranormal romance wants you to know their taste is better than yours. Having to do that isn't the sign of a great self-image. Most people I know who hate Twilight would leave you alone. I think it's a kind of sin to insult someone because they're enthusiastic about a book.

Neither is it fair to ascribe a lack of humility and courtesy to people who dislike paranormal romances. We tend to see only the prejudices that we ourselves experience, but rest assured: the person who loves what we hate and vice versa catches heat over their taste, too.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote