View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #76
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I don't think that there should be any implied stigma to admitting that ereaders are attractive to older readers due to eyesight problems related to age, or other health issues. And not all lens-replacement surgery results in vision that allows extended reading on LCD screens without eye tiredness (speaking from my own experience with prednisone-induced cataracts in both eyes, lens replacement surgery and subsequent retinal detachment ).
I agree, and I think you may have misunderstood me. In my case, and I think in the majority of cases, surgery has resulted in worse vision (loss of adequate depth perception being a major issue). I consider myself fortunate that LCD reading doesn't seem to bother me. My disagreement was with the general premise that Nook is for older readers while the NC is for the "younger generation".
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote