Thread: Request Lost & Confused Newb!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
The EDGE is actually a pretty decent device. I am typing on a usb keyboard right now. It can take the place of a netbook for light web browsing, checking forums, etc. I use the edge so I don't have to boot up my PC which with windows can take up to 3-4 minutes depending on what its loading with security, wifi, etc. I also use it to watch movies. I have to encode it to ipod or iphone format. The stock video player does not play many other formats. The light flash is not bad for certain web sites that have video. I believe that CNBC, and I think cnn works.
The one great feature I really like with the stock web browser is that I can get a large article from like CNN or usatoday and send it over to the eink side to read so its less strain on my eyes. I tried using the kindle 3 for that but the navigation and wifi is very slow.
I don't use the canera much. I've been playing a game called wordsmith with people I don't know across the net. For $125 from woot, its not a bad android tablet. I'm actually thinking about the viewsonic gtab next for about $259 from woot too, but I'm hoping the next woot it would be like $199 or something.
I was hesitant about keeping it, but I've changed my mind. I've even sold my android phone, yes it was the huawei ideo (or the t-mobile comet version) and gone back to a regular candybar phone. Use google calendar that I access with the edge.
There is probably tons of stuff to do with it.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote