Thread: Request Lost & Confused Newb!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynn View Post
I think the Title says it all!
I've been searching & reading all over this forum all morning and it's completely Greek to me! I considered myself fairly experienced when it comes to the computer but....wow! I am totally lost as to how to use or add anything other than the basics to my PE. I've had bad experiences in the past with torrents and the like so I really don't want to get into anything too deep or "techy". But I would like to at least understand some of what most users are using and doing with their own PE's should I ever decide to change my mind.
Could someone please tell me where to I go from here? What would you recommend for someone who is just starting and just would like to play with something safe & simple until they felt comfortable? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
As the others say, learn what your PE can do - then you can decide what you want to do with it.

To give you an example. My EE, that's the big one, is mainly used when I have to go to a client's site to do some work. I have all the manuals I am likely to need on a SD card so I can use them on the e-ink panel. The LCD part allows me to connect to the client's network and, if necessary, transfer files to or from USB attached storage. I have to admit it has a collection of SF stories on it for break time reading and I have google maps, the version that works with out GPS, to enable me to find places as well as using e-mail as necessary.

Other people have other usage habits, it is for you to find what you want to use it for - and as usual, if you have questions, ask.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote