View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
How to increase the probability getting a good PW unit after a bad one was received.

It appears that, as of now on the Amazon page for the Paperwhite, there are 356 five star reviews and only 102 one star reviews indicating that a request for a brand new PW will result in a good unit by odds of 3.49 to 1.

However, it appears from reading all these posts here of PW's received with bad screens that at least twice as many folks are receiving bad replacements in exchange for their initial units with bad screens as receive good ones.

Thus, the best approach may be NOT to call CS for a replacement. Just go to the Order page, claim a defect, and then return it for a full refund including shipping both ways.

Then order a brand new Paperwhite and gamble on those great odds of 3.49 to 1 of getting a good unit. However, this way one will probably have to wait up to 4 weeks for the new unit.

I've included a poll to see how this all works out in the future.

I did not vote since I received a good unit the first time.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote