View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
I updated my device when I first set it up and it looks like the latest Story HD firmware is version 1.32. With this build, the eBook reading screen is totally devoid of page numbers, and the status bar at the bottom disappears after a brief display when you turn a page. There are still no options to change margin space or line height, and there is only one font option. This is okay because the font looks great, and the tight margins are easy to get used to.

Something funny/annoying that I have noticed: when you turn to the last page of an eBook, a large notifications box opens up that says "This is the last page." It remains on the screen, totally blocking out the text, for about 1.5 seconds, then disappears. I'm not sure why you need a notification to let you know when you've finished a book, especially one as intrusive as this, but it's good to know I guess.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote