View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Does it work for you, Jellby? I won't be able to check until later today.
I have no ePUB reader

My CyBook (Gen3) does not support ePUB (yet, and I'm not sure if I'll install the ePUB or Mobi firmware when it comes). I have ADE installed in another computer with Windows, but I don't feel like turning it on and fighting with the sloppy Windows network or looking for a pendrive...

Quote:
Edit: Is there a way to give PDF primacy over the XHTML? i.e.: Try to suggest to the viewer to display PDF, and consider the XHTML as the alternate? If so, these sort of multi-layout editions could be manually tweaked by those wishing to view in the alternate format. Not terribly elegant--but a start.
Actually, as it is done PDF is the preferred format. The XHTML version is like a "last resort" option, it would be used only if the PDF cannot be displayed (because it's not supported). Every file that's not in one of the basic file types (XHTML, PNG, SVG, JPG) must have a fallback file in one of those types defined. Hopefully, reading systems in the future will let the user select which source to use when there are different alternatives available, but I doubt it's the case now, especially for ADE, which doesn't let you change even the margins or font!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote