View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #67
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I recently read a long book on the Cybook - in paperback it is more than 1100 pages long. The gauge along the bottom of the Cybook did not work very well for this long book. At one point, the gauge reset to the beginning. This perplexed me, but I thought maybe it reset to the beginning at the mid-point of the book (how could I really know where I was in the book?). So I read along and the gauge moved forward....then ended abruptly at about a quarter across the page....the book was done.

Now, even though many things were getting wrapped up in the 100 or so pages before the book ended so abruptly, I was not prepared for it to end. I expected the gauge to work properly and was surprised, disoriented, and disappointed when I got to the end of the book. Now I feel that I cannot rely on this gauge as a way to pace myself through a book.

Last edited by ProfJulie; 08-05-2008 at 11:33 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote