View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #962
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
@jackie_w, I currently only have my tablet accessible to me and I'm not sure whether I can explode an epub on Android, but if I remember correctly, I think each paragraph was wrapped in a <p class> tag, with .calibre1, .calibre2, 3 etc used in the css file. My understanding is that there is no need to do that - yo simply use the basic <p>paragraph text</p> tag, style the <p> in the css file, and there's no need to have several styles for those paragraph. Only if you want the styling of a particular paragraph to be different than the rest would you use the <p class>. That's what was confusing to me.

To make myself clearer, here's an example of how I would handle paragraph styles:

<p>Some paragraph text that goes on for several lines.</p>

css used to style it:
p {text-indent:50px;}
A single paragraph I want to set apart, say a character has written a letter:
p.letter {font-family: cursive;}
and I want to flush the date in the letter to the right:
p.letter date {text-align:right;}
I think I got the cascading right; anyone more knowledgeable feel free to correct me.

ETA OK, never mind - of course it can't do the above, because it has to automate the whole conversion process for a slew of different users, obviously, and there has to be a way to mark up the entire file! :facepalm:

Last edited by citac; 08-25-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Further clarification
citac is offline   Reply With Quote