View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've often wondered how many modern devices are able to be sold in the EU, where it's a legal requirement of EU law that devices have removeable batteries, because batteries have to be separately recycled, due to the nasty poisonous metals they contain. And yet despite this law, we have pretty much all most portable devices, it seems, from Kindles to iPhones, sold with non-removable batteries. There must be some loophole in the law which allows this, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps it only applies to things manufactured in the EU.
I can't say for all kindle devices, but the touch and the k3 have removable batteries

A Kindle touch

A kindle 3
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote