View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I am both reading more (since I now have a book with me everywhere) and I'm buying more from Amazon than I did before. I used to buy mostly from a brick and mortar. Amazon got my book business when they didn't have what I wanted, I couldn't get there in time, or for my birthday and xmas because of my wishlist. Now most of my books are Kindle books through Amazon.

I'm buying fewer books overall, though, since I don't try to buy in advance as I used to. Like Elsi, I'd go book shopping and try to stock up. This resulted in a lot of waste. Since I didn't have the time to hang around the bookstore reading into the books very far, I invariably ended up with books I didn't like enough to finish. I also ended up with some books that I didn't even start. My fancy passed for them before I picked them up. Now I only buy what I want to read at the moment. I read the sample through first. I've read many samples and NOT bought the book. Before, I would have. Of course if I don't read a Kindle book through I wouldn't feel quite as bad. Yes, it would be a small waste of money, but with the physical book it's such a waste of resources, too.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote