View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #130
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcorner View Post
France is very varied - has just about everything except desert. Two sides of the French hexagon are very mountainous - Pyrenees and Alps. Our son recently climbed Mont Blanc, with a couple of friends - altitude 4,695 m (15,404 ft) - his photos are fabulous. One side of the hexagon is Mediterranean and another Altantic - entirely different climates. The northern one is temperate and north-eastern one is more like the low countries.
I know. We used to go on holidays in France when I still lived at home....

Part of my not wanting to go to France is my lack of knowledge of the language. I never liked going on holiday in a country where I didn't speak the language. We also never go to the French part of Switzerland, but the German part (I can get myself understood in German, if nothing more).

But I remember a holiday... We were going to the coast (we used to go to Le Lavandou every spring). And we stayed in the Central Massif overnight on our way there. When we woke up in the morning, everything was white! We always went with our neighbours who already were at the camping on the coast, and I remember dreading every sunbeam we met on our way there, because I wanted to take some snow with us (naturally, the car was completely dry again by the time we reached the coast, but, hey, I was still young!).

And I got run over by a car on the way there and got into the hospital with some hair fractures in my jaw and they'd give me French bread with some bird to eat... And I couldn't chew at all

Ahhh, memory lane!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote