View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
dwdraw2
dwdraw2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Nook-eReader or gaming and fun tablet?

From what I have been reading in various forums, Barnes and Noble may be getting out of the eReader business. Microsoft might, and that's just a "might," be buying out the Nook from Barnes and Noble. Barnes and Noble has not decided what to do yet.

When a person thinks of Barnes and Noble, they think books, therefore, wouldn't one be thinking "eReaders," not a fun-for-all tablet? There are already too many tablets on the market as it is, so, what was Barnes and Noble thinking of? Maybe they were wanting to get out of the book business and into the do-all, much thrills tablet business? Doesn't the iPad do that now? My son wanted me to buy the iPad because it does sooo much more. I said no, I'm into eReading-studying, things like that, not games.

Now with some of these book stores going into school text for their eReaders, you think Barnes and Noble would be thinking about upgrading their device in that direction? Let's see, they could have increased their highlighting colors, provided a way to underline and in colors, like we did, or do, in school. they could have added a font coloring feature. It seems to me that games and videos were on their feature list the most. Why add school text when your device isn't ready for it? If they are going to offer school text, then color is needed so that one can highlight, underline in various colors, as well as changing font colors. This goes well beyond the three colors offered by the Nook. You need several different colors, not just three.

Why has Barnes and Noble catered to the gamers and video watchers, and not the serious readers. They certainly could use a bigger e-ink eReader-like Kobo's offer, plus, the additional features mentioned above, for their color tablets. By-the-way, Kobo's is on the right track focusing on their eReaders, they're gaining ground. That's where Barnes and Nobles should have stayed focused.

dwdraw2

Last edited by dwdraw2; 09-01-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Grammar correction
dwdraw2 is offline   Reply With Quote