View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post
No. It was what is currently called "just an example". You can't usually draw perfect analogies between different contexts, you know.
That said, the analogy in this case is pretty close. Illegally distributed content is often lower-quality in comparison to the official version (say, an MP3 -i.e. lossy compressed- version of a CD, or lower-resolution video).

Can we please stick to debating the concepts, or -this is what I was hoping for by setting up this thread- on alternative and better proposals than the one I put forward? Instead of concentrating on minutiae? Thanks.
To answer your rhetorical question in your 2nd last sentence, no. No I cannot.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote