Thread: MobileRead June 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #39
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It might seem quite stupid given how I feel about censoring ideas and how readily I would read literature with all sorts of disturbing and even controversial subject matter, but I don't particularly like graphic sex scenes in novels.

I'm not saying I wouldn't read anything with graphic sex scenes - I certainly have and will probably do so on occasion in the future. It's just that I seem to have a separation of "purpose" for such content as compared to any other content.

Perhaps challenging myself to read something with an erotica basis and then discussing it as part of the book club might be surprisingly liberating. Although I think I might baulk at giving a rating on "hotness" or similar.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote