View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Antique books, copyright status.

I own volumes 2, 3, 4 and 5 of "Famous battles nineteenth century" by Forbes, Henty, Griffiths et al. These books are old, they look antique. Binding, typesetting and illustrations are exquisite.

I might embark on the digitalization project (although it would be a huge undertaking), except I can not identify the year of printing, nor it is obvious to me are these in public domain.

The shortened version of the work was printed in 1900 in USA, the actual text is highly likely to be in public domain. However, illustrations (and they are beautiful) might be from some later era.

The cover, title page and example illustration are attached.

Any help with identification of the copyright status would be welcome. TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.png
Views:	267
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	29904   Click image for larger version

Name:	title.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	29905   Click image for larger version

Name:	illustration.jpg