Thread: Rss2Book
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #6
geekraver
Addict
geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekraver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini,Kindle Paperwhite
Glad you like it! I just wish I could figure out why my C# code to interface with te reader is busted (I've pored over Igor's Python code and can't see what I'm doing wrong but I get weird errors). If I get past that hurdle then I will finally get the app to sync straight to the Reader.

I'm also interested in how folks think the app should deal with successive updates. I tend to run it about once eevery three days and replace the old rss2book.pdf on my reader with a new one, but I have to remember when I last ran it. I could generate a separate PDF for each day. Any other ideas? Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you can delete files on the reader itself without attaching it to the PC, or I would definitely go the single day at a time route and just get dumping files whenever the reader is attached, relying on them being deleted on the Reader manually once they are read.

One other problem I've noticed is that with a couple of sites I get weird characters when viewing on the reader. I suspect this is a character set issue. Perhaps it could be worked around by using embedded fonts. Anyone else notice this?
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote